21 November 2012

The power of friendship



When I was a child I met a girl who lived one street down from mine. Our parents were friends and we saw each other very often so we soon became friends. We always spent good times together. We gradually grew and became best friends. We shared secrets, confessions, adventures and many experiences.

One day she called me and told me that she had something very important to tell me. I realised that she was very sad so I went quickly to her house. When I arrived I saw a lot of boxes and she told me that her father had a new job and they had to move immediately to another city. We were both very sad but we promised that we would call each other very often. We did but as we grew up it was difficult to keep the same contact as before.

Now, many years later, we call each other twice a year to see how we are. Although I haven’t seen her for ages I know she will always be my friend for all the moments we lived together.

No comments:

Post a Comment