23 November 2014

YOUR LIFE CAN CHANGE IN A FEW SECONDS_F

You don't know how fragile your life can be, until it happens. I have a family and friends who love me. They have always been here, but now I'm here as alone as I've ever been. In a few seconds, everything has changed.

I'm in a hospital room in a
 coma. Even though I have friends who are here for me and they want me to stay, I think I have no reason to wake up. It will never be the same anymore. I am seventeen years old, this is not how I'm supposed to be, this is not how my life was supposed to turn out.
Last night it snowed, and today, as all Sundays, we took the car to see our grandparents. My little brother, Nick, was so excited: my father had promised him to build a snowman. Now, I can hear my granparents talking with the nurses in the corridor: they say my parents died in the accident, and Nick wasn't strong enough to deal with his injuries, so he died some minutes ago. 

I can still remember those Sundays in my grandparent's house, when Nick tried to help my grandmother cooking. I remember watching it all and getting that tickling in my chest and thinking to myself: this is what happiness feels like. I'm not sure I will feel that anymore. I'm not sure I want to wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment