24 November 2014

THE STORY OF MY WATCH _C3

When I was about ten years old, my dad gave me a wristwatch for my birthday. Up to that that day, I had lost thousands of them. I used to forget them everywhere. But the one my father had bought for me was special. It was a sailing wristwatch, designed to clearly see the time missing left for the race to start, which is not always easy. Specially when there are big waves and a strong wind.

My father stared at me and said: "Don't lose it". He was serious and I knew I had to be careful with my new watch. I sailed with it for about six years. It became a part of me.

It sank some months ago. I was sailing in a national championship. I felt hot and I took off some clothes, including the wristwatch, as I usually  do. But I left  the watch on the life jacket, and when I put it on, the wristwatch fell into the deep blue sea, sinking too fast to catch it. I felt sad. But, actually, I knew I wouldn't have it forever. At least, I lost it while sailing, doing what I love to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment