22 November 2014

MY DIABETES STORY_F

My worst experience happened six years ago. I was ill, I had a high fever and felt dizzy. My parents decided to take me to hospital. I waited for a few minutes in the waiting room. Soon I heard my name and entered the hospital emergency department.

As soon I entered the box (cubicle), I had lots of analytical reviews and a combur test done. When they saw the test results they knew what they were suspecting: I had had a diabetic debut during the summer. I was very frightened because I didn't know what was happening and I neither knew anything about diabetes. 
At that moment all my life changed, I had to learn how to eat well and take insulin shots six times in a day. I also had to take my glucose levels before and after every meal. Everything was new for me. 
At first, I didn't accept my disease but afterwards I thought that I couldn't change anything. I'll have to live all my life with this desease and I had to accept it. 
During these years I have had some HI (high glucose levels) and they have taught me that doing things well is very important to control this disease. Diabetes is a difficult disease if you don't control it and it's more difficult in a teenager. 

Now, I really like to tell my story to help other teenagers with the same or another disease. The key to having a normal life with a disease is to control and accept the disease.

1 comment:

  1. First of all I want to thank your sincerity. I know some people who have diabetes and you have opened my eyes because I couldn't understand why they don't care themselves. I'm not absolutely sure but I think that this conduct could be caused because they don't accept that diabetes'll live with them all the rest of their lives.

    ReplyDelete