19 November 2014

A STRANGE EXPERIENCE _F

I will never forget a special sailing champioship in Palma de Mallorca in 2010. It was a qualifier competition for the national championship, that`s the reasson I was so nervous and excited at the same time. As all the competitons my coach and my father came with me, because they had been teaching me and preparing me for it.

The first day the weather was perfect for me. I used to sail in Palma de Mallorca, so I know how the wind and waves were there. After I had done 3 races and had been sailing for more than six hours I was exhausted but at the same time extremly happy; becasuse I had sailed perfectly and got good positions in the 3 races. At that moment I was qualified for the national championship, something I couldn't believe and made my father  proud  of me. The next two days the wind started to become stronger, which didn't let me sail well. But I didn't know that the worst day of the championship was  going to come. 

The last day was like a nightmare for many of the sailros but not for me . I can remember that this day only group A was available to sail because of the gigant waves and strong wind. I have to recognise that I was a bit frightened because I found one girl swimming without her boat because of the storm.
So that's why I couldn't sail in the national championship, but the experience of sailing in the middle of the storm was in part nice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment