21 January 2013

House swapping (Final Version)

House swapping is getting more and more usual mostly on families of United States and Britain. It consists of an arrangement between two different families, mostly known people from yours or another country, where they exchange their houses for a holiday or a determinate period of time, with the objective of spending holidays somewhere away from your house and disconnect from your environment, and take care of the house of the other family, while they do the same with yours.

On the one hand, it could be a good opportunity for one family to go on holiday somewhere away for some days and that want to be sure that there is another family who they rely on that is looking after their house while they're on holiday as well . They can enjoy a new place, and know a little bit more about another environment.

On the other hand, you you have to make sure that you exchange your house with a reliable family in order to know for sure that you will take care of their house as the other family will too, because if you don't know what the other family is like, it could be a complete disaster and then you might regret your decision.

To sum up, I think it's a good idea to make a house exchange on holidays, to live a different situation than normal for a few days, but in my case, I don't think I would ever swap my house for a holiday, because I would get worried to be careful all the time  not to break anything in the other house, and I don't like other people to be in my house without my presence because I would feel uncomfortable that another family that maybe I don't know, is staying in my house. 

3 comments:

  1. JOAAAAN! Where are the words in red?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Now read the essay and pay attention to the words in blue. Then erase the words in red and change the whole colour (original colour- black) and write FINAL VERSION next to the title.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree with you, Joan. I also think that it is a good idea, especially if you want to travel and visit new places without spending much money. On the other hand, if what you're looking for is a trip in which you can relax and simply disconnect of everything, I think the best option is a hotel, because there you can enjoy the peace that means not having responsibilies like cleaning, cooking, etc.

    ReplyDelete