24 December 2012

(FINAL VERSION) Do you think shopping is an addiction? Do people always need the thing they buy when they go shopping? What abou you?

Nowadays people have a huge shopping addiction which sometimes is a problem as a consequence of advertisements and the created body image.

Firstly, I think that shopping is an addiction which is most common among teenagers. It seems to me that advertisements are the ones to blame. They create an obsession to buy new clothes every week with good offers and change clothes frequently. So, every time you go to a shop, you can see new and different things. I believe that this is what creates this shopping addiction. In addition, it is clear that advertisements often create  a perfect body image with the new clothes which everybody want to copy. Furthermore, this addiction makes you buy  clothes and waste a lot of money. However, as I see it, most people buy lots of different clothes which they don't really need. So, they keep them in their wardrobes for ever, without using them, consequently they waste their money.
In my case, I'm not a shopping addict. I only buy what I need when I need it. I don't like to spend money on things that I won't use later. What's more, I cannot afford to buy things I don't really need.

To conclude, I would say that everybody has to be conscious when they buy things, clothes or whatever. Also, they don't really know the economic situation in our country: there are lots of people who can't pay for food or clothes while some people are buying clothes that they will never use , which they could give to poor people.


                                                                                               Rosa Monjo   2n Batxillerat B

2 comments:

  1. Well done Rosa. Now read the essay again,erase the words in red and pay attention to the changes I've made.Then change the colour and write FINAL VERSION next to the title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my opinion, the fact that new clothes appear on the shops every week is one of the reasons for shopping adicction. People who are obsessed with fashion think that the clothes they bought last week are no longer fashionable and that's why they go to buy new clothes.

    ReplyDelete