22 November 2012

Long-distance relationships don't work


Five years ago I used to be  an astronaut. I used to have an extreme life, always on the move, never settled down anywhere. My life was about studying astronomy, investigating anything to do with space, and at the same time I was quite a succesful musician. During my music career, I formed a music band and I met a girl who turned out to be a very  important person in my life.

Everything was going perfectly, I couldn't possibly complain in any way at all.One day, I was asigned a very important mission, which involved going to the moon. Of course this mission was planned to last a year, and communication with Earth was a complicated task. At first, I was enjoying myself and I learned so many things. I couldn't play any music, and that was very frustrating, but I met new people working on the same project. I kept thinking about what my girlfriend was up to, I never stopped thinking about her, even though I didn't know if she would be  thinking the same thing.

After so many months up in space, I realised that things weren't gonna work out. She probably would have forgotten about me, It was a mistake to have that kind of job and be in a relationship.At that moment I realized long-distance relationships don't work.

No comments:

Post a Comment