20 November 2012

Breaking up over the phone


It’s still hard for me to think about the day I broke up with my girlfriend two months ago. It was a cold rainy day and it was about midnight. I was alone at home when my phone rang. That was the end of our relationship.

My girlfriend and me had been going out for three months. I admit I’m quite surprised that we split up, because we really got on very well the first day we met. However, we didn’t see eye to eye for much time. In fact, we started growing apart a month later. I first noticed she was a bit more distant when we went for a walk on her birthday. Her face expressed some kind of sadness I had never seen before, and it seemed to me that she felt more and more uncomfortable as the night was going on until she went home without saying a thing. Suddenly, every time I called her, she didn’t answer the phone, and she stood me up many times as well, so I finally thought she was holding something back from me.

As I had imagined, she was cheating on me. At first, it was just a suspicion, but it was crystal clear when I saw her flirting with whom I thought was just her best friend. She sent me a message saying that she felt so sorry that she had fallen for Tom. Even if she felt guilty, I think she might at least have told me personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment