3 March 2012

Muammar Muhammad Abu Minyar al-Gaddafi (1994-2011) or Colonel Gaddafi was the president of Libya.  His political system apparently was a Republic, but it was only a cover so as not to reveal which was the real one, a dictatorship. The Gaddafi’s regime was characterized by censure, violence, and the worst thing was the citizen liberty ban.  The world powers, despite knowing everything, didn’t do anything in front of that; they behaved like lambs. The reason was simple, Libya had a lot of fossil fuel wells and we need them. This situation has culminated in a social revolution and a terrible war which finished when the rebels killed Gaddafi in the street in front of all the people, when he was trying to run away.


Death is something very important for humans; therefore dying is the fairest thing you can find. Independently of what you did in your life, everybody has the same end, for this reason I think that when you die, you deserve a correct death in right conditions. Consequently, I disagree with the way Gaddafi was killed. On the one hand, he was a murderer and a dictator, but on the other hand he was a human therefore he should have died in better conditions, because in my view our life is the highest price we can pay, so, the minimum is a dignified death.


To conclude, I want to make clear that I agree that Gaddafi paid all the atrocities he made with his life, but I disagree with the way that he was killed, he deserved a peaceful, fair death like any other one. 

4 comments:

  1. Gio, I think that you made a good text, maybe the introduction is too long but it's fine. But I don't agree with you because I think that Gaddafi was an awful person, so he deserve to die as bad as possible and the worse the better.
    Good job with the essay, i give you an 8,5. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I disagree with you Giorgio, I agree with Amanda. He was a horrible dictator who treated people very badly, so, I think he deserved to be treated badly as well. Good job, anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I disagree with you Giorgio, because I think that Gaddafi was a cruel person, so it is logical that the people who he governed has been rebelled against him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you, because I think that he deserved the death but not in this way.

    ReplyDelete