4 March 2012

LIFE BEFORE THE COMPUTER (POEM)


An application was for employment.
program was a TV show.
cursor used profanity.
keyboard was a piano.
Memory was something that you lost with age.
CD was a bank account.
If you had a 3 1/2 inch floppy You hoped nobody found out.
Compress was something you did to garbage.
If you unzipped anything in public, it was jail for a while.
Log on was adding wood to a fire.
Hard drive was a long trip on the road.
mouse pad was where a mouse lived.
backup happened to your loo.
Cut was something you did with a  knife.
Paste was something you did with glue.
web was a spider's home.
virus was the flu.
I guess I'll stick to my pad and paper and the memory in my head.
I hear nobody's been killed in a computer crash, but when it happens they wish they were dead! 

No comments:

Post a Comment