24 November 2014

WHAT A DISASTER! _F

As we know fishing is a common activity in Menorca and my father loves going fishing on his little boat

One summer day my father went fishing with a friend . They were throwing the nets near the "Illa de l'Aire" when  they suddenly  saw a boat on the rocks and a man trying to refloat it. They obviously went to the island and helped him, but they couldn't refloat the boat, so they decided to go back to the cove. After a while, when they were almost back, the survivor  asked them if he could go with them the next day, because they had to take out the nets; they accepted and they arranged to meet at half past six the next morning.

They went to the island and they tried to refloat the boat again, but it was empty and the sea was rough, so it was impossible. Once they had taken out the nets, they went back to the cove. The survivor thanked them for everything and my father stood there for a while. After a few minutes a friend of his, who was also in the cove, called him. He was so worried because he had found a crushed boat on the "Illa de l'Aire" and the man wasn't there; he explained that he had phoned the police and while they were talking, some people were looking for that disappeared man underwater. My father couldn't believe it. 



This is not my final text, I rewrote it all in class. I've corrected the mistakes, but I have written the correct text below.


As we know fishing is a common activity in Menorca and my father loves going fishing on his little boat

One summer day my father went fishing with a friend . They were throwing the nets near the "Illa de l'Aire" when  they suddenly  saw a boat on the rocks and a man trying to refloat it. They obviously went to the island and helped him, but they couldn't do anything, because the sea was rough. 

The next day they went to the island, they couldn't do anything, beacuse the boat was empty. They went back to the cove, the survivor thanked them for everything and my father stood with a friend who was worried, beacuse he had found a boat on the Illa de l'Aire and there was nobody there. He explained that he had phoned the police and said that in that time the police was looking for the disappeared man underwater. My father couldn't believe it and they inmeditaly phoned the police and told them the man was saved and sound in his house.

No comments:

Post a Comment