3 January 2015

MODERN SOCIETY ENCOURAGES CONSUMERISM MAKING US BUY THINGS WE DON'T NEED

When we stop to think why we buy things we don't need, we don't know the answer. It is illogical to spend money on something we know that we don't need. But If some day we know why we do that, I think we will live better. There are several reasons for which we buy more than we need but I will focus on two reasons which seem to me very important.

Firstly I think that we want to have things despite knowing that we aren't going to use them, just because we consider that it will make us happy. I believe that very few people are aware that they search their happiness on material things we prefer to have a big a house, the best car, to buy designer clothes... and sometimes all these things aren't necessary in our lives.

In addition, It is clear that a lot of people are jealous of the ones who own more, and for this reason they want to have the same as them.

To conclude, I would say that we need to make further efforts to know why we buy unnecessary things and then I think we will change a lot of things in our lives. And I am sure that if we only buy things we need we will be really happy.

Iman Oukfir 2B

No comments:

Post a Comment